Friday 29 April 2011

Ideas for the exhibition.

Considering the theme of my exhibition I would like an environment to suit that. So now to think of the set up/environment of the show and the location to put it in. I want something to reflect the theme and I'd rather not put the pieces in a white cube space as I'm not sure the artworks would make sense or flow in such an environment. As the artworks are inspired by or intended for fashion I could put them into a similar environment that you might find them, for example a retail shop or a super models bedroom/closet. However I might not be able to find out what the interior of a supermodels bedroom/closet looks like. This idea reminds me of Dexter Dalwood's paintings where he sometimes imagines the settings of murdered celebrities.
Dexter Dalwood's 'The queen's bedroom'

 Perhaps my staging doesn't have to be realistic of an actual place, it could be catered and designed to fit the pieces in my exhibition and create some sort of organisation of the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment