Wednesday 27 April 2011

Fashion Photographers.

Seeing as I’ve just looked photographers whose work relates to fashion, I thought it’d be appropriate to include some actual fashion photographers whose work is exciting enough to be put into an art exhibiton.

The first that I looked at was John Rankin. His photos of women come across as very dark and powerful, sometimes aggressive. I found an interesting interview with Rankin on his influences and thoughts of his own work. What I found most interesting was when ask if his work was fashionable his answered with ‘No - I think the most important thing in photography is that your work survives the test of time.’ It seems ironic that someone who works predominately in fashion wouldn’t want their work to be fashionable; however I think this idea of ‘standing the test of time’ would be a good one to strengthen my exhibition.



















Another famous fashion photographer is Perou. His photos are more striking and simple. i especially like his portraits as they have a lot of character and are unconvential:






No comments:

Post a Comment