Wednesday 4 May 2011

The Title.

As an idea for the title for my exhibition I have looked up some typical ‘fashion phrases’ to set the tone. Here are some of the ones I found:
  • (trend) - The new black
  • This seasons Key pieces
  • Most wanted
  • Fashion victim
  • fashion waits for no1
  • “Personality begins where comparison ends.” –Karl Lagerfeld 
  • The show must go on
  • It’s not what you wear but how you wear it (similar to it’s not what you know but who you know)


All are quite strong; I like the idea of identifying that that fashion and art have come together to create this show. The two that come closest to this is the last one and the Karl Lagerfeld quote.  I feel the quote would be better to use in the press release as a description, I could change the last idea to ‘It’s not what you wear, but who you wear’. This could be in reference to the idea that people are ask ‘who they are wearing’ when on the red carpet, but also it could suggest that the outfits and ‘fashion items’ are all about the people who made it… the artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment