Wednesday 4 May 2011

Press Release Ideas.

As I want my exhibition to tie in together and due to the flow of the layout, I thought I could take inspiration from the press release for Dr Lakra at the Kate MacGarry Gallery. This press release tells a story about the work, which I would like to recreate in my exhibition. I feel this would bring all of the works together and have the narrative I found entices me when researching for my own practice.

Along with this style I will include the following to make sure the audience is fully informed. Like fashion exhibitions have to change so to keep mine fresh and exciting I won’t make the date too long. This will hopefully encourage people to come see it while they can.  I will also include the Location, this being the name of the place and the address to be able to find it, also contact details for more information.

 I will perhaps include a list of Artist names to inform the audience of who participated, but I’m not sure if I want to identify who did what or what the name of a piece is as I feel it could be interesting to take away the element of a ‘fashion design’, an ‘artist’ or a ‘piece of art’ and allow the audience to make their own conclusion. If I include the list of artists however they are then free to find out what each really means and see if they have changed their minds in anyway.  I could include a website address for my blog, this way they could get all the information about how the exhibition came together. Seeing as there are comment boxes throughout my blog it would be perfect for feedback to see if my goal was reached.

Most importantly I’d quite like too leave the audience with the question… when does art end and fashion begin? Hopefully by the time they’ve walked around this exhibition, they won’t know.

No comments:

Post a Comment